If you have been requested by one of the clinical or admin team to send a photograph please read the advice below.
Images should be sent to: Clinical.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that your initial email is not a secure method of communication but once it has been received it will be stored in your secure confidential clinical record.
HOW TO GET THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHS OF YOUR SKIN LESION OR RASH
- Ensure there is adequate lighting and avoid using a flash.
Natural is preferable as it produces clearer and more accurate colours.
- Take at least one focussed near shot and one at distance ensuring that the edges of the rash or lesion are visible
- Ensure the camera is in focus. Most smart phone has an auto-focus and may take a few seconds to adjust properly.
Similarly it can be difficult for some camera/smart phone to focus if too close to the lesion/rash.
- Include the size of the lesion or rash and if possible include a ruler/measure in the picture
- Once taken please do not edit the photos
- Pleas include you name and date of birth in the email